Friday, February 22, 2013

The Dot

 I absolutely love the story, The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds.  It has become one of my favorites to teach!  So, this year, I decided to add another activity to our story.  I made a poster with Vashti on it- painting her dot, of course, which is all in a swirly frame.  My students just loved that Vashti appears to be painting their dots on the canvas.  I wrote each one of their names, and they told me something that they thought they might not be able to do in the beginning- but it turned out they were really good at it.  They were able to write their sentences on their purple dot.  Around the poster, they got to draw their own little masterpiece, as well. 
Next week, we will be back to Dinosaurs, at least...Dinosaur Hunting, anyway.  All of the dinosaurs in our room left this week because they were super scared of who might be coming into our room next week.  Hmmmm...wonder who it might be?

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. "The Dot" is also one of my favorites, along with "Ish." I would love to try this activity this year.

    First time to your site...really like it!

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete