Friday, May 11, 2012

Joke Books for Fun Fridays

 Such a simple way to make kids enjoy writing!  I started this at the beginning of the year, and it has been a huge hit.  I have a joke on the SmartBoard every Friday morning for them to write down in their joke books.  They cannot wait to see what it is.  I started out just letting them write them on big lined index cards for writing practice, and they were able to take them home to share with their families.  Then, after Christmas, "because their writing was so beautiful" --the students were able to get their own Joke Books.  They love writing the jokes, reading the jokes, and decorating their books.  It is a fun way to start every Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having a joke book. I bet the kiddos just love that. I am your newest follower. I would love to have to stop by mine sometime.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete